Saturday, February 20, 2010

Spring Fever?

Spring fever in February is dangerous. Today I went to town and came home with herb seeds and potting soil. The kids and I planted a little herb window-garden. Some fresh basil may help me yearn for the growing season less, but I doubt it.

I've also been pouring over reading material related to reestablishing a natural shoreline for here at our house. When I look out the kitchen window to the front yard in the spring and summer there are always plenty of colorful flowers in bloom, but out the back door along the lake, nothing but a barren hillside with a bunch of brown, spotty grass. I envisioned a rock garden there but think that some natural plantings may be a better alternative that would require not quite as much sweat and toil!

No comments:

Post a Comment