Saturday, April 23, 2011

More Water Fowl

Female Common Merganser

Male Common Merganser

Tell me you don't think of penguins when you see this picture!
I'm getting tired of posting about ducks, but it's truly the only thing of interest to view around here these days.  Here are some pictures of Common Mergansers, though they are truly lovely birds and not "common" at all. Note there is STILL ICE ON THE LAKE!  Tomorrow we are supposed to hit 60 degrees, and if we do, I plan to hop in the canoe with my daughter to head to the other shoreline to see if we can pick out the nest of a bald eagle that was swooping over the lake yesterday. 

For now, I'm heading out into 35 degrees to rake up some leaves.  Brrrr.  I'm going to need to come in for some hot cocoa after that.  It hardly seems like late April.

6 comments:

  1. No, I'm glad you're posting your ducks! And I'm going to do a post this weekend of some birds or something - we're on a roll with our blogs here and we can't let a little thing like cold weather and no flowers get in our way!

    LOL. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, I like your optimism! Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliment about my front garden. Oh, the river rock! I lugged a lot of it away myself, but we finally had contractors take the bulk of it. There was tons of it on the property and I was so glad to get rid of it.

    Good luck with your project! Will it be mostly shade? Do you have any pictures of what it looks like now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brrr... While I was born in Duluth Minnesota I've been in Florida ever since my second birthday. don't know how you guys manage up there! Other than it's a BEAUTIFUL state.

    Great photos and the birds do look content... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. DV - Duluth is my favorite Minnesota city! I lived there through college and grad school, and there's nothing prettier than Duluth in the summer. There's also nothing more challenging than Duluth in the winter, though!

    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete