Sunday, May 6, 2012

What a day for a daydream

Wow, was April a rainy one!  Although this was not the most beautiful of May weekends, it was typical for northern MN.  Nevertheless, it was a great weekend to visit newly opened greenhouses, move and divide a few perennials (even in Saturday's light mist), and dream about the May gardens and all the potential they hold!

Here's what's in bloom:
Newly planted pansies (YAY!)
Primrose
Bleeding Heart
Daffodils
Squill
Pulmonaria
Forget-Me-Nots
PMJ Rhododendron
Bishop's Cap
Wild Ginger


The hostas have also broken through the ground, and my martagon lilies (their second year) have moved beyond last year's "sleep" and are now "creeping!"  How exciting!  They're about twice as tall as they were at the end of last season, so who knows what they hold in store this year.  

4 comments:

  1. Billie Jo, funny, but some of your stuff is ahead of my zone 4 garden! I guess it depends if things are in the shade or not. Looking forward to seeing some pictures!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to get some picture by the weekend. Right now I'm busy weeding everything to get ready for a mother daughter tea I'm hosting on Saturday. Busy time of year... LOVE IT! :)

      Delete
  2. That is a great list of plants in bloom. I have never seen wild ginger in flower. What color are the flowers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, I'll have to try to get a picture for you before they're done blooming. They're teeny, tiny little purple flowers.

      Delete