- I will plant fewer "salad greens" that only end up feeding the slugs.
- I will can, freeze, or otherwise preserve everything we can't eat fresh. Even that last harvest of green beans which just kept on producing in 2010.
- I will begin to vermicompost before the year's end.
- I will buy and use a decent composting bin to replace what my husband believes is my "compost eyesore"
- I will always amend soil before planting in a new location (see #3 & 4).
- I will not overcrowd my perennial gardens!
- I will make pesto instead of allowing all of those lovely herb leaves to be destroyed with the first frost.
- I will weed more often! (one can always hope)
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Gardening Resolutions for 2011
I'm not one to make New Year's resolutions - if something is important enough to make a "resolution" about, then it's something I should be doing all the time, not just in the new year. But gardening is different. One year very naturally comes to an end, and one has time to prepare for a new gardening year to begin, at least in Minnesota. So here are my gardening resolutions for 2011: