- I will plant fewer "salad greens" that only end up feeding the slugs.
- I will can, freeze, or otherwise preserve everything we can't eat fresh. Even that last harvest of green beans which just kept on producing in 2010.
- I will begin to vermicompost before the year's end.
- I will buy and use a decent composting bin to replace what my husband believes is my "compost eyesore"
- I will always amend soil before planting in a new location (see #3 & 4).
- I will not overcrowd my perennial gardens!
- I will make pesto instead of allowing all of those lovely herb leaves to be destroyed with the first frost.
- I will weed more often! (one can always hope)
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
2011 Gardening in Review
Last January, I made several gardening resolutions. Here they are: