Sunday, November 7, 2010

End of the Gardening Season - really this time

I've planted every bulb that I've ordered this fall, as of yesterday, so I'd say that the gardening season is officially over here.  I have no plans to move anything else, plant anything else, separate anything else, or otherwise do anything that requires tending to any garden of any type until spring.  It makes me a little more than sad.  However, I did get a Gurney's catalog in the mail last week, so I guess that means that it's time to start planning for next year.

What's first on my "to-do" list for the next gardening season? Probably moving the oriental lilies that I just ended up planting in the vegetable garden because I had already covered all of the gardens with leaves by the time these arrived, and I didn't feel like trying to figure out where they should go.  Second will be preparing beds around the large boulders that we recently brought to the yard from the garages.  There's always plenty to do in the garden, which is part of the beauty of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment