Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hyacinths

Hyacinth (hyacinths?) are a new flower in my garden this spring!  I'm so glad that I planted more spring bulbs last fall.  I have these hyacinth blooming right now as well as graph hyacinth, scilla, a plethora of daffodils, and a few tulips.  Bulbs that haven't bloomed for me this spring yet are the allium and snowdrops that I also planted last fall.  If the snowdrops haven't bloomed yet, and it's late May, does that mean they won't?  Does anyone have experience with these, especially in zone 3? 


3 comments:

  1. Nice blue hyacinths! I bet they smell wonderful.

    I have planted snow drops a couple of times, in zone 4, and they never come up.

    Check out Northern Shade Gardener on my blog list (if you don't already read his), because he does well with them and I think he might be in zone 3 as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do smell lovely! I wasn't sure if I was smelling them or my neighbor's flowering crab, or a combination of both. Either way, the smells of spring are wonderful! Our lilacs are about two weeks behind but it looks like they may be ready to bloom within the week... can't wait for that!

    ReplyDelete